Monday, December 16, 2013

Wood Christmas Sled Mini Makeover

After a wonderful visit at my moms last week,
 I came home with a truck load of goodies
This wood and metal sled was one of them!
It's definitely cute, but I decided to give it a mini makeover.

First, I made a wreath from faux pine branches and attached it.
Next, I painted the word BELIEVE on it using a stencil and white paint that I had.
After the paint dried, I lightly distressed it.

Then cut a piece of red and cream gingham homespun fabric to make a bow for the wreath.
The bow is wired onto the wreath with floral wire.

Like I mentioned, the sled was cute enough, but I like the little extra.
What do you think?
Would you have left it plain or given it a mini makeover too?
'til next time,
post signature
Linking to:
 Uncommon Designs Online
My Uncommon Sice of Suburbia
Home Stories AtoZ
I Should be Mopping the Floor
My Love 2 Create
The DIY Dreamer
Knick of Time Interiors
Snap Creativity
52 Mantels
The Newlywed Pilgrimage
My Repurposed Life
Design Dining and Diapers


  1. So cute!! You were featured this week at our wowza weekend link party, come grab a button! Have a very merry Christmas!