My idea started out just painting a flag onto leftover beadboard.
Then I remembered a couple disassembled barnwood frame pieces that I had in my stash
and decided to put frames on the beadboard flags.
Once the barnwood frame pieces were assembled, I cut the beadboard to fit them.
I painted the beadboard flags the same way I painted
a flag on an old cutting board.
You can read more details about how I did that here.
After distressing and antiquing the beadboard flags,
I attached them inside of the frames and added hangers to finish them.
I'm a sucker for weathered barnwood
and I'm so glad I finally put these frames to good use.
I think they look great on the front porch of our cabin.