Monday, June 2, 2014

Vintage Seed Sorter Upcycled into a Memo Board

Now that I have my new window booth space to keep full,
 I've been making more of an effort to frequent flea markets.
 
Recently, I found this cool vintage seed sorter.
It is a perfect combination of weathered wood, rust and galvanized metal.
 
As soon as I saw it I thought it would make a unique magnetic memo board.
 
I hope I'm not the only person who didn't realize this,
but galvanized metal/zinc is not magnetic.
Now what?
I decided to wire clothespins to the galvanized side
so that it would still function as a memo board.
 
This piece could be used with the smooth galvanized side showing
or it could be turned over and let the wood framework show.
The clothespins can easily be moved.
 
 
The rusty metal section is magnetic.
At least a small portion of the memo board is magnetic!
 
 
 
 
 
Hooks can be hung in the galvanized portion to hold small baskets too.
 
 
 
 
I think it makes a great message board and it's different.
 
What do you think?
Are you a weathered wood and metal junkie, like me?
 
 
By the way, this one is listed in my Etsy shop, Simply Country Home.
 
 
 
'til next time, 
post signature
 
 
Linking to:
Knick of Time
 

No comments:

Post a Comment